Moneypenny has created a specific and affordable new initiative tailored to first-time and low budget filmmakers. The Micro Accounting Package (MAP) is a combination of software, accounting services and specialist advice that is designed to provide production support and experience.
MAP aims to assist industry newcomers working with limited resources to achieve optimal screen value and provide a level of support that will simplify the demands of tight financial management.
The Moneypenny brand and our professional expertise offer an assurance to investors, completion guarantor, and lenders. An experienced production accountant will be assigned to your project together with support for your software and accounting needs throughout the production.
Key Benefits of using MAP
- Moneypenny specialist industry experience spanning 35 years across a broad range of projects from low budget shorts and documentaries to multi-million dollar, international co-productions.
- Procedures and systems that are continually revised and adapted to suit the changing filmmaking environment, advancing technologies and funding landscape.
- mydaEs project management software, a sophisticated production tool that is integrated with a full accounting package.
- Invaluable access to our skills-base experience of industry standards and financial management practices that can be applied throughout your filmmaking career.
How it works
- First step, we load your budget into the Moneypenny mydaEs software system.
- We assign one of our accountants to your project; identify your needs, and provide appropriate advice.
- Introduce you to our Cost Manager System and Online mydaEs, which takes approximately two hours either in our offices or online.
- The combination of Cost Manager and digital purchase orders, can provide a clear understanding of where your budget is at all times no matter how often invoices are processed.
- The package covers payroll, bank reconciliation and monthly or quarterly BAS for the first time user of MAP. We can also provide part-time processing support for when things get busy.
Our experience with the Producer Offset can also offer invaluable advice to filmmakers that qualify on how to maximize a claim. In planning for the offset from the beginning, we can deliver you positive results for a smooth passage through Screen Australia.
The following videos are various presentations by Jane Corden – CEO of Moneypenny – talking about MAP